2016/09/05 Playground

5th September 2016
402 Un-confirmed Minutes of an Ordinary Meeting of the Silverdale Children’s Playground Charity Trustees held in the Silverdale Institute on Monday, 5th July 2016.
403 Present: Chairman – T.G. (Terry) Bond, Councillors J. (John) Bennett, A.J. (Tony) Houghton, K. (Keith) Palmer, (Nigel) Ribbons and P.N. (Paul) Williams, the Clerk – L.D. (Denise) Challenor, the Deputy Clerk – S.D. (Sue) Hayward and 2 members of the public.
404 Apologies for Absence: Councillors S.L. (Shirley) Mason and D. (David) Sandiford.
405 Minutes of Previous Meeting
The Minutes of the Ordinary meeting of the Playground Charity Trustees held on Monday, 1st August 2016 were approved then signed by the Chairman.
406 Receipt of Information about Matters Arising from the Minutes of Previous Meetings, not Covered by the Agenda
No information received.
407 Receipt of Declarations of Trustees’ Interests Relating to any Items Appearing on the Agenda
None.
408 Matters raised by Members of the Public for Future Consideration
None.
409 Inspection Report/ Repairs
Councillor Bennett reported on the following repairs:
1. wooden log train – the rotten areas have been removed and filled and need sanding – Mr Stefan Laws will do this. It was noted that the equipment is under guarantee – RESOLVED that Councillor Bennett draft a letter for the Clerk to send to Playdale regarding this;
2. wood chips to aerial slide – RESOLVED to pay for the hire of a rotavator (approximately £40), to ask Mr Laws to rotavate the wood chips and pay him for extra time to do the work which should be carried out as soon as possible. A decision will then be made as to whether or not more bark should be ordered or an alternative surface looked at, e.g. rubber matting, as a long-term solution;
3. trip point at entrance to cradle swings – Mr Laws is still to cut and lift the turf at the low spots, spread additional soil where the turf has been lifted and re-lay the turf;
4. surfacing around spring mobiles – rubber pads are on order;
5. rubber wet pour – wetpour is on order (with Lancaster City Council (Lancaster CC)) to replace that which has shrunk and is lifting around the edges in several places;
6. flat swings – Lancaster CC is to supply Q links and safety pins (free of charge) at the same time as the wetpour is delivered;
7. gate at entrance to playground – Councillor Bennett has seen a gate which looks suitable (supplied by Medway Galvanizing) at a cost of £700; RESOLVED that he check the specification and forward the details to Members for consideration. The gate can be ordered in any colour – Members felt that green would be a suitable choice. RESOLVED to write to the Bowling Club to ask if they would contribute towards the cost of the gate. It was suggested that the existing gate could be re-used as the gate on the perimeter of the junior activity zone.
410 Date of Next Meeting
It was noted that the date of the next meeting is Monday, 3rd October 2016.
Sue D. Hayward
Deputy Clerk to the Trustees