Other Minutes: | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 |

2009/02/02

SILVERDALE PARISH COUNCIL

Draft Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd February 2009 at 7.30pm, in the Silverdale Institute, Spring Bank, Silverdale.

Present: Chairman – Councillor (Tony) Houghton, Councillors A.W. (Arthur) Graves, E. (Eve) Holden, A J (John) Taylor, D (Dorothy) Kitson and P.N. (Paul) Williams S (Shirley) Mason, the Clerk – L.D. (Denise) Challenor, County and District Councillor S.M. (Sarah) Fishwick and no members of the public.

8979 Apologies for absence Councillor T.G. (Terry) Bond, PC 2866 A Marsh,   PCSO Hurtley and the Deputy Clerk  –  S.D. (Sue) Hayward who is on sick leave.

8980 Declarations of Members’ interests relating to any items appearing on the agenda – none.

8981 The Minutes of an Ordinary Council Meeting held on Monday 5th January 2009 were signed as a true record.

8982 Information about matters arising from the Minutes of previous meetings, not covered by the Agenda:
Re: Minute 8947.  The value of the Watering Places and Quarries. – The Clerk has been informed by the Charity Commission that there is no requirement under Charity Commission law to put a value on the land.  It is believed that it is not necessary under Local Authority law to do so; therefore the Council has decided that a value will not be put on it, for the purposes of the Asset Register.
Re: Minute 8959 and Item c of 8925. A suggestion of cover by the Fire Brigade, to supplement the Ambulance service at accidents. – Cllr. Houghton has been in touch with Mary Wyman from the ambulance service, who is considering the suggestion and she will respond when a decision has been made.
Re: Minute 8965. 08/01369/FUL 28 Stankelt Road.  – No further comments were submitted.
Re: 8931 (2).  08/01154/FUL Cove House, Cove Road. – The freehold will belong to Cove house only.  The development has been passed by the planning department.  £11,000 will be donated over a period of three years towards the running of the Silverdale Shuttle.

8983  Matters raised by Members of the Public for future consideration – none.

8984 A written update from the Community Police Officer was read by the Chairman, it covered:
• Heating oil being stolen from Bleasdale House School and the Silverdale Hotel.  Advice was given to be vigilant and residents should secure their own stock.
• Sadly there has been a fatal house fire in the village.
• The Co-op has agreed to host a police notice board.
• In response to the concerns raised over anti-social behaviour, regular patrols are being made throughout the weekends and licensing visits have been conducted.
• Work to control speeding and parking problems is continuing.
• The occupants of the smashed car reported last month were arrested on suspicion of drugs offences.
The Council asked the Clerk to write to the police regarding the PACT aims.

8985  A report of any relevant matters by City and County Councillor Sarah Fishwick.
• Cllr. Fishwick was pleased to report that the outcome of the meeting regarding the running of the Silverdale Shuttle and Carnforth Connect was quite positive and the service should be kept in some form.
• The flood near Cove Road has been reported.
• The Gritting lorry was seen travelling too fast through the village.
• The RAF has offered to hold a meeting regarding the low flying aircraft in the area.  Warton is happy to host one for the surrounding villages.  The Clerk was asked to co-ordinate with John Ball, the Clerk for Warton.
• Budgets are coming up soon and City has passed a 4% rise, County 2.9%.
• The road is breaking up at the bottom of Emesgate and Cllr. Fishwick is compiling a list of works to submit.

8986  Verbal reports from any meetings attended by Members, or the Clerk.
• Cllr. Taylor reported that The probation service is willing to supply six people to do the painting.  £10 a day must be paid for transport and equipment such as scrappers, brushes and gloves will need to be supplied; probably by the Parish Council.  The paint will come via Cllr. Fishwick.  For safety reasons the painting must be done from the field side of the railings, so Parish Council must write to gain permission from the relevant landowners. Undergrowth will need to be cut back by the Parish Contractor.  Action will need to be taken next month; it was thought to be a little early at present. Cllr. Taylor has also discussed it with the National Trust and they are happy for their railings to be painted providing there is adequate insurance cover, they also said they may be able to contribute towards the cost.  They asked about the progress of the proposed Parish Council newsletter and the search for a site for allotments. The Clerk is to send them a copy of the Parish Council’s Agenda each month.
• Cllr. Williams attended the AGM of The Institute.  They have a new first aid kit and fire door and have plans for their field but will hold consultations before going ahead and may need funding.
• Cllr. Holden reported that Leeds Children’s Holiday Camp are now willing to host meetings at £10 per hour.

8987  The following items of correspondence had been received since the last meeting:
a)  Mr Metcalf sends a copy of a letter sent to Mr Maynard opposing the proposed loss of service of the Silverdale Shuttle. – His support was appreciated.
b)  Clerk and Council’s Direct Jan. 09.
c)  Lune Valley Annual Report. – The Council representative John Eden could not attend.
d)  ROSPA Playground Inspection Dates 2009 (Lancashire’s in August)
e)  Lancaster City Council invites views on their plans for the coming year.

8988  Planning Matters:
a)  No Planning Applications were dealt with under the provisions of Standing Order 25a.
b)  The following Planning Applications were considered:
• 09/00034/RCN  The Parrock, Shore Road.  Removal of condition 5 on appeal decision for 03/1306/CU to allow permanent residential use. – The Council has serious concerns about there being adequate parking; the plans are not clear. There appears to be no access or off road parking for The Parrock, and the Council feels that planning should NOT allowing on-road parking at the entrance to the proposed new property due to road safety reasons, and recommends a condition that IF this were granted, all physical alterations (e.g. drive and parking) should be completed satisfactorily BEFORE the condition is lifted. They also wonder if the sewerage system is adequate for both The Cottage and The Parrock.
• 09/00003/CU  19 Stankelt Road.  Change of use from guest house into two dwelling houses. – No objections.
c) The following decisions were notified by Lancaster City Council:
• Tree Preservation order 452 (2008) Woodland to the rear of Woodlands Cottage, off Woodlands Drive.
• Tree Preservation order 443 (2008) Abbeyfield, Cove Road.

8889  The Clerk had no actions to report taken under the provisions of Standing Order 25.

8990 The content of the three Tender documents required for the village maintenance were discussed and will be displayed on the notice board for two weeks.  Details will also be available from the Clerk who will ask for applications to be sent to her by 22nd February.

8991  Points to  be raised by Cllr’s Taylor and Kitson when meeting with G Smith MP and Northern Rail on 6th February.  The Clerk will email to Councillors Kitson, Williams and Taylor the original letter sent to G Smith which listed the points.

8992  Plans for the Annual Assembly.
The Clerk has booked the Green Room for 19th March, 7 for 7.30pm.
A Heversham Cllr. Tony Parker, Silverdale’s FLAG representative will be the guest speaker and hopes to be accompanied by Paul Salveson from Northern Rail.
The new Library Manager Ms Di Baxter has been approached to give an update on Silverdale Library.
The Clerk will prepare a poster and will email it to Dorothy Kitson to place in the post office and library.

8993 Developments regarding the threat to the Silverdale Shuttle.  The Clerk drew the Councillors attention to the response from Mr Tony Martin (Cabinet Member for Resources) and also to the item of correspondence from Mr Metcalf.  The subject will be discussed further at next meeting.

8994  Finance
a)  To conduct the monthly check of all money received by the Council (bank statements to be inspected by a Member who is not a Bank Signatory, or more than one such Member). – No receipts.
b)  To authorise payment and sign cheques for the following accounts:
• Mr Phil Hargreaves ( contractors monthly fee) £400, cheque no. 448.
• Mrs D Challenor (salary & expenses) £1208.94, cheque no. 449.
• Mrs Sue Hayward (salary & expenses) £324.20, cheque no.450.
• Silverdale Institute (Annual room hire) £96.00, cheque no. 451.
• Lancashire Playing Fields Ass’. (Annual Sub’) £15, cheque no. 452.
c) Financial matters relating to the accident involving the Clerk and Deputy Clerk on 3rd November 09.  The Clerk contacted the Council’s insurers and has been told that the sick pay paid to the deputy clerk can be recovered.  The Clerk asked therefore whether she may submit a claim for the additional work she has been required to do.  The Council agreed to consider the claim.

8995 Re: the maintenance of the website – invoiced at £140.  The Council would like more detail about what service the provider would be giving. The Clerk is also to write to request a clear invoice, with an amended cover period.  The payment was not authorised at this meeting.

8996 The organisation of the plans to have the white railings in the village painted has been covered in minute no.8986.

8997  Items for Information (no decisions or action permitted)
• Lancashire City Council provides a notice to display about allotments with regard to establishing a need and the provision of them in the area.  It will be placed on the notice board.
• A letter was received too late to be included in the agenda, from a Silverdale resident, complaining about the condition of Townsfield.  The Clerk is to inform the resident that as Townsfield is a private road it is the responsibility of those who live there.
• Cllr. Graves gave his apologies for his absence at the next meeting.

8998  Items for consideration for a future agenda.
Silverdale Shuttle, update on painting of the railings.

8999  The date of the next meeting is Monday 2nd March 2009.  Items for the agenda, to reach the Clerk before Friday 20th February and copies of reports, to reach the Clerk before Monday 23rd February.

Denise Challenor
Clerk to the Council
01524 761824

Other Minutes: | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 |