2020/06/01 Online Working Group meeting

SILVERDALE PARISH COUNCIL – Unconfirmed minutes of an online Working Group Meeting held on Monday 1st June 2020, held online due to the restrictions in place for Covid-19

 

   Attending the meeting remotely – Councillors: Chairman – M.J. (Mike) Fletcher, Vice Chairman – J. (John) Bennett, N. (Nigel) Ribbons, T.G. (Terry) Bond, City and Parish Councillor J. (June) Greenwell, A.J. (Tony) Houghton, S. (Stephen) Wales (from 8:22pm), the Clerk – L.D. (Denise) Challenor, the Deputy Clerk – G.R. (Gill) Ribbons.

 

  1.      Apologies – None, but the resignation of Phil Bickerstaff was noted with regret. The Cllrs expressed their gratitude for all that Mr Bickerstaff had done for the Council.

2.      Declarations of Members’ interests relating to any items appearing on the agenda – None

3.      Matters arising from the minutes of previous meetings – Cllrs felt that it was essential to open the Public Toilets as soon as safely possible, due in part to visitors fouling the Shore. The Clerk was requested to contact Lancaster City Council for their guidance and requirements regarding reopening.  The Clerk was also requested to contact P. Williams with regard to the reopening. Once guidance is received a working party of Cllrs to meet and make a decision.

4.      Report from County Councillor Phillippa Williamson – no matters arising

5.      Report from City Councillor June Greenwell – Cllr Greenwell reported that she had had a meeting with the Co-ordinator of the Silverdale volunteer group, Lorraine Greenall. Everything continues to run smoothly and they continue to need no help.  The Council would like it noted that they appreciate all that Lorraine and her team of help card volunteers do for the residents in need in Silverdale and thank them very much. 

City Council is planning to keep the close link with Parish Councils that has been established during the COVID-19 pandemic.

6.      Reports from any meetings attended (online) by Members – nothing to report.

7.      Planning matters – (a)  it was noted that the following Planning Application was dealt with under the provisions of Standing Order 25 (b) : –

20/0053/TPO  Waithman’s Barn, Lindeth Road.  Ash (T1) – 20% reduction to balance the tree and sever ivy at base. – No objections.

(b)  To consider the following Planning Applications:- None.

 

8.      Report from the Clerk of any actions taken under provisions of Standing Order 25:

•       Working party recommendations of May 4th carried out.

•       Accepted Lancaster City Councils offer to do three quarterly and one Annual RoSPA Inspections of the children’s playground the cost of which will all or mostly be covered by their allowance to the Parish.

•       Written to Highways about Ash dieback on verges. (Authorised TB, JG, SW)

•       Contacted 2 contractors for quotes regarding tree works identified, only received 1 quote from Westmoreland Tree Care Ltd.  Clerk advised the Council there was sufficient funds in the Woodland budget, the Clerk was requested to contact Westmoreland Tree Care Ltd and ask them to go ahead with the required tree safety works.

9.     Finance

a)  The monthly check of all money received by the Council (bank statements to be inspected by a Member who is not a Bank Signatory, or more than one such Member).

·        Annual VAT refund of £1626.06

b)  Payments recommended by the Council to be paid for the following accounts:

·        British Gas, toilets, bacs,   £13.51

·        British Gas, clock, bacs,   £16.94

·        Paul Williams, toilets, £244, SO 2

·        Tim Lambert, Contractor, £380, Cheque22140

·        UK host 4U, hosting service, £0

·        D Challenor, purchase of soil for playground, £133.20 cheque 22141

·        Malcolm Richardson, internal audit, £100 cheque 22142

·        Steve Lamb, website maintenance, £150, cheque 22143

·        Envirocare, contractor, £420 cheque – increase noted.

·        D Wain, grass cutting, £160 cheque

c)   The accounts and the Internal Audit Report for 2019 to 2020 (Emailed 13/5/20) were considered and approved by the Council. 

d) Cllrs AGREED the extra expenditure on soil and seed required for the Playground, to be taken from the Playground funds. 

10.   Cllrs noted the following items of correspondence –

a)     SLDC weekly update

b)     Lancashire Fire and Rescue: NEW tailored support service for 16 – 25 year olds offered

c)     A resident writes on behalf of the younger members of the community to request that the Council considers again trying to supply a skate-park. the Clerk was requested to write to inform them that the Parish Council don’t own any land on which to put a skate park, other options have been tried, other landowners approached to no avail.  It would be advisable to approach the Institute committee directly if they want them to try again but to be aware plans for a skate park there failed last time, at the planning permission stage, due to restrictions on noise pollution in a residential area.

d)     County Council invites the Parish Council to join their Public Rights of Way delivery scheme.

e)     Lancaster County update on recycling Centres.  Carnforth will be closed and one can only attend open ones by appointment, many restrictions apply. Cllrs were advised that Carnforth would be opening from 4th June 2020.

f)        Parish Online.

g)     SELRAP update.

11.   Playground

·        Some work has taken place to make safe the edges of the wet pour areas; the two bags of soil received last week has now been spread.  The intention is to seed this so that the new grass will bind the new soil into the existing ground.  This would be similar to the arrangement used in new wet pour installations where the wet pour edge is covered over by grass and no hard edging is fitted. Purchase of the extra soil and the seed required has been agreed.

·        Lancaster City Council will inspect 4 times a year for £100-£124 per year, which was accepted earlier in the meeting, however the Insurance asks that the equipment be checked every 4 weeks. Once the playground reopens. It will therefore be necessary for the contractor to check equipment. Cllr Bennett would prefer a weekly check to continue for Health and Safety reasons.

·        Cllr Bond reported that the sycamore saplings have been removed.
Cllr Wales joined the meeting at this point.

12.   Tenders

The Clerk was instructed to offer the grass cutting on: St Johns Avenue, Woodwell and the playground, to Jason Beig at Great Oaks Tree Services and the job of Parish Contractor to David Wain; both subject to the required insurance and suitable accreditation documents being supplied. In particular the Council needed the Parish contractor to have “street works training” and asked the Clerk to check and offer to fund the training if David Wain didn’t already have the qualification;  Council believed the cost for this training would be in the region of £200.

13.   Streetscape – the sign at Bankwell, Cllr Wales to contact the AONB for an update.

                           – SpIDs.  Due to the current social distancing requirements, progress on getting the SpIDs mounted has had to be put on hold.  Cllrs have noted the positioning of the brackets within the village although there has been no notification from County Council on where they were installed.

                           – Bus shelter at the junction of Ford Lane and The Row.  A resident reported that the shelter is in need of urgent repair, it was RESOLVED that Cllrs Fletcher and Bond meet to assess the state of the shelter and the feasibility of repair, which will be circulated along with photos to the other Cllrs. 

14.  Woodland management plan – Ash trees are suffering with Ash dieback, some of the worst affected trees will receive attention this week beginning 1st June and the rest will be surveyed later in the year regarding what action will be necessary, Cllr Bond will arrange the survey for Aug/Sept time.

15.  Emergency plan – nothing to report.

16.  Items for information – None.

17.  Items for consideration for a future agenda – Cllr Greenwell proposed having a public meeting in the Gaskell Hall towards the end of lockdown restrictions, when the hall will be open.  The meeting could review how Silverdale has coped with the pandemic, and could feed into the Emergency plan to inform any potential repeat situation. It could provide information and statistics to residents from bodies such as the Police, local schools and Doctor’s surgeries.

18.  Next meeting 6th July 2020.  After discussion it was proposed to accept Cllr Ribbons offer to host a Microsoft teams meeting which includes the residents of Silverdale; either by video or phone.  The Clerk will be the point of contact for members of the village who wish to join the meeting and co-ordinate participation.  Details will be posted on the Parish Council website, on Facebook and on the Agenda which will be on the Village noticeboard.
Items for the Agenda of this meeting and copies of reports to reach the Clerk before 30th June. The public are invited to write or telephone on any points they wish to raise in the public participation section of the proposed Parish Council meeting, letters should arrive by 4th July.

NB. Any issues raised in the public participation section cannot be commented on but could be put on a future agenda for consideration.

  

Gill Ribbons, Deputy Clerk to the Council

 

AGENDA – SILVERDALE PARISH COUNCIL

Councillors are hereby summoned, to attend a working party meeting on Monday 1st  June, 2020, at 7.30pm, via Microsoft Teams, for the purposes detailed in the following Agenda:

1   To receive apologies for absence.

2     To receive declarations of Members’ interests relating to any items appearing on the agenda.

3     To receive information about matters arising from the Minutes of previous meetings, not covered by the Agenda.

4    To receive a report of any relevant matters from County Cllr Phillippa Williamson

5   To receive a report of any relevant matters by City Councillor June Greenwell.

6    To receive verbal reports from any meetings attended by Members, or the Clerk (verbal reports are only acceptable where no decision, or action, is required).

7     Planning Matters:

(a)  To note that the following Planning Application were dealt with under the provisions of Standing Order 25 (b)  To consider the following Planning Applications: –

20/0053/TPO  Waithman’s Barn, Lindeth Road.  Ash (T1) – 20% reduction to balance the tree and sever ivy at base. – No objections.

(b)  To consider the following Planning Applications:- None.

8  To receive the Clerk’s report of any action (other than consideration of Planning Applications) taken under the provisions of Standing Order 25:

·        Working party recommendations of May 4th carried out.

·        Accepted Lancaster City Councils offer to do three quarterly and one Annual RoSPA Inspections of the children’s playground the cost of which will be covered by their allowance to the Parish.

·        Written to Highways about Ash dieback on verges. (Authorised TB,JG,SW)

·        Contacted 2 contractors for quotes regarding tree works identified.

9   Finance

a)  To conduct the monthly check of all money received by the Council (bank statements to be inspected by a Member who is not a Bank Signatory, or more than one such Member).

·      Annual VAT refund of £1626.06

b)  To authorise payment and sign cheques for the following accounts:

·        British Gas, toilets, bacs,   £13.51

·        British Gas, clock, bacs,   £16.94

·        Paul Williams, toilets, £244, SO 2

·        Tim Lambert, Contractor, £380, Cheque

·        UK host 4U, hosting service, £0

·        D Challenor, purchase of top soil for playground, £133.20

·        Malcolm Richardson, internal audit, £100 cheque

·        Steve Lamb, website maintenance, £150, cheque

·        Envirocare, contractor, £420 cheque

·        D Wain, grass cutting, £160 cheque

c)   To consider and approve the accounts and Internal Audit Report for 2019 to 2020 (Emailed 13/5/20)

10 To consider the following items of correspondence received since the last meeting and to determine what, if any, action should be taken:

a)    SLDC weekly update (emailed 30/4, 5/5, 14/5, 20/5)

b)    Lancashire Fire and Rescue: NEW tailored support service for 16 – 25 year olds offered (Emailed 30/4)

c)    A resident writes on behalf of the younger members of the community to request that the Council considers again trying to supply a skate-park. (Emailed 30/4/20)

d)    County Council invites the Parish Council to join their Public Rights of Way delivery scheme. (6/5/20)

e)    Lancaster County update on recycling Centres.  Carnforth will be closed and one can only attend open ones by appointment, many restrictions apply.  (Cllrs. emailed 1305/20)

f)   Parish Online. (Emailed to 20/5/20)

g)    SELRAP update. (Emailed to 20/5/20)

11  Playground

·        To receive a report on any urgent actions that have been taken and to consider any other  issues raised in either the Lancaster CC quarterly, or Parish weekly inspections (Tims  report emailed 13/5/20).

·        Response from RoSPA: Recommendation of 1  inspection per year from £68.50.(6/5/20)

·        Response from Lancaster City regarding playground inspections: they will inspect 4 times a year for £100-£124 per year. (Emails  13/5 &15/5/20)

·        Insurance asks that the equipment be checked every 4 weeks. (Email 13/5/20)

12  Tenders

To decide on which Tender’s to accept for the three aspects of the Contractors work in the village.  Commencing as soon as possible. (See summary circulated)

13   Streetscape

·        Road Safety / SPID’s – To give a progress report.

·        To consider the condition of the felt on the roof of the bus shelter and what action to take. (See email of 13/5/20)

·        To give progress on the replacement Bank Well sign

 14  To consider the issues raised on the Woodland Management Report and decide upon the measures to be taken. (Emailed to Cllrs. 15/5/20) Please also see Cllr. Bonds email of 20/5/20.

15   To update on the Emergency Plan.

16  To note any “Items for Information” (no decisions or action permitted)

17  To receive items for consideration for a future agenda.

18  To discuss the measures that need to be taken to enable a Parish Council meeting on 6th July 2020. Considering two suggestions – hope to hire the Gaskell Hall and have a minimum of three Councillors or hold a Jist-si virtual meeting where up to 100 can participate.

Items for the agenda of this meeting and copies of reports to reach the Clerk before 30th June.

The public are invited to write or telephone  on any points they wish to raise in the public participation section of the proposed Parish Council meeting by 4th July. NB. Any issues raised in the public participation section cannot be commented on but could be put on a future agenda for consideration.

Signed:

Mrs L D (Denise) Challenor,  Clerk to the Council, 01524 761824