Other Minutes: | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 |

2003/03/03

3rd March 2003

 
7278 Minutes: of a meeting of the Silverdale Parish Council held in the Silverdale Institute on Monday 3rd March 2003.

 
7279 Present: Councillor Mr C.J. Eden (Chairman), Councillors Mrs S.M. Fishwick, Mr T.B. Fryer, Mr A. Graves, Mr R. Henderson, Mr A.J. Houghton, the Clerk and Police Constable 874 Daley (Community Police Officer).
7280 Apologies for Absence: Councillors Mrs J. Greenwell and Mr P. Roberts,

 
7281 Minutes of the Previous Meeting

The Minutes of the meeting held on 3rd February 2003 were approved, and signed by the Chairman.

 
7282 Matters arising from the Minutes of previous meetings:

7263(b) Lancashire Association of Parish & Town Councils: Councillor Henderson supplied a copy of the letter from County Highways (Traffic & Safety Dept), which was supposed to have been posted to each of the 256 parishes in Lancashire – the Clerk confirmed that the letter had not been received. It was noted that parishes were to be allowed one ‘bid’ per year to request traffic and safety improvements and that this was to be made prior to 1st April. The Transport Action Group for the Parish Plan had compiled a list of four suggestions and these were considered. It was agreed that these be submitted as the ‘bid’ from Silverdale, together with an offer to provide practical on-site survey assistance.

 
7283 Update from PC 874 Daley (Community Police Officer).

There have been four reported crimes during the past month: one vehicle interference, one vehicle theft, one garden furniture theft and one minor drugs offence. PC Daley expressed concern about the growing incidence of thefts of garden furniture (nationally) and asked for any suspicious activities to be reported to the Police.

Councillor Houghton expressed concern about the incident of a motorist inadvertently driving onto the railway line, at the crossing. As this has happened several times previously, it is thought that there may be a need for additional signage, to indicate the roadway route for those who may be unfamiliar with this crossing. PC Daley will contact British Transport Police and the Clerk will contact County Highways.

 
7284 Report of any relevant matters by City and County Councillor Mrs S.M. Fishwick.

Councillor Fishwick made reference to the “Talking Rubbish” magazine and Councillor Houghton asked about the conclusion date for the existing ‘pilot scheme’ for rubbish re-cycling. It is understood that there are still a number of queries to be answered and a review date for the scheme has not been determined. It was also reported that some residents had expressed concern over the fact that there is still no provision for specific collection of plastics.

Councillor Fishwick reported that the budget for Lancaster City Council is to increase by 6.2%.

 
7285 Parish Plan

The Chairman reported that there would be a meeting in the Silverdale Institute, on Monday 10th March, for the Parish Plan Action Groups to present those proposals which are available to date. The Chairman has seen four of the reports and was very impressed with them. The Children’s Playground Group had been very active and had already obtained professional advice.

 
7286 Planning

(1) It was noted that responses to the following applications were deemed to be urgent and were therefore dealt with under the provisions of Standing Order 25:

03/00030/FUL – 49 Emesgate Lane, Silverdale – erection of extension to bungalow (amended application): NO OBJECTIONS

03/00110/FUL – 5 Birch Drive, Silverdale – erection of side and rear extensions to form dining room / utility room / kitchen / sun lounge and garage: NO OBJECTIONS.

03/00118/FUL – 6 Elmslack Lane, Silverdale – demolition of existing pantry and erection of a conservatory: NO OBJECTIONS.

03/00153/CU – The Parrock, Shore Road, Silverdale – change of use and conversion of outbuilding into dwelling with attached garage and studio: OBJECTIONS on the basis that the Application is now for a dwelling that is a self contained unit, as distinct from the earlier outline planning application for guest accommodation (to which this Council also objected).

Three aspects are of particular concern:1. increased traffic movements, 2. front door access directly on to Shore Road pavement, and 3. building height. There are no objections to the plans for the garage and studio. The overall view of the Parish Council is that planning permission should not be given for a separate dwelling. (note: the response sent to Lancaster City Council contained detailed explanations of the three main points of concern)

(2) The following application was considered and commented upon at the meeting:

03/00211/FUL – 5 Cove Road – erection of a two storey side extension to form additional kitchen, dining and bedroom space: NO OBJECTIONS, although the Parish Council strongly recommends that the roof line should be made continuous with the existing roof.

(3) The following decisions, notified by Lancaster City Council, were noted:

02/01332/CU – workshop to rear of 17 Stankelt Road – change of use and conversion of workshop to dwelling: GRANTED

02/01458/FUL – Finkle Cottage, 4a Bottoms Lane – erection of a first floor extension, new porch and internal alterations: GRANTED.

02/01478/FUL – 40 Lindeth Road – erection of a single detached garage:

GRANTED

02/01538/FUL – Lindeth House, 27 Lindeth Road – erection of a single storey extension to the rear to form kitchen/breakfast room: GRANTED

03/00003/FUL – 49 The Row – retention of two satellite dishes: GRANTED

TPO 344 (2002) – 16 Levens Way – Order CONFIRMED unopposed.

 
7287 Correspondence

32 items of correspondence have been received since the last meeting and were tabled for the information of members. The following items will receive further attention:

(a) A letter has been received from Mrs Lambert expressing gratitude for the assistance of the Parish Council, relating to her concerns over Bottoms Barns. Members had also become aware of the very unsatisfactory condition of Bottoms Lane, following roadworks, and the Chairman will contact County Highways department.

(b) A request has been received from the Lancashire Playing Fields Association for renewal of the annual subscription of £11. It is felt that the Association is providing a good service, which might be particularly useful to the Children’s Playground Action Group. Payment of the subscription will be made at the next meeting of the Council.

(c) A reply has been received from Lancaster City Council to this Council’s suggestion that Design Guides be produced (Minute 7267). Due to lack of staff, this would not be possible in the foreseeable future. It was agreed that the Council’s suggestion and the reply should be copied to the AONB office.

(d) A letter has been received from Lancaster City Council, asking if the Council has any objections to the counting of votes for parish elections taking place at Salt Ayre Leisure Centre. It was agreed that there would be no objections.

 
7288 Donation to Arnside/Silverdale AONB

RESOLVED that this Council should make a donation of £800 to the Arnside/Silverdale AONB, for the year 2002-2003, under Section 137 of the Local Government Act 1972. Members were concerned that the donation, in future years, might be used to partially fund works being undertaken on behalf of other statutory bodies, which would negate the legality of the donation. Accordingly, the Clerk will write to indicate that this Council will request a breakdown of the work carried out by the AONB, during April to September 2003, which would enable a further payment to be made under Section 137. Furthermore, the Chairman was asked to take up the matter with the AONB Executive Committee, so that a formalised basis for donations from parish councils can be established.

 
7289 Parish Council Noticeboard (on the wall of the Gaskell Hall)

RESOLVED to authorise the purchase of a replacement Parish Council Noticeboard, at a cost of £210 + Vat, as per the quotation and specification submitted by L.A.Earl & Co., exclusive of painting (other than primer) and signwriting.

 
7290 Annual Contracts

RESOLVED to authorise the following contracts, for 2003:

(1) Cutting of grass at St.John’s Avenue – £435 for full season – Mr N. Simpson

(2) Mowing of Playing Field – £25 per cut – John Graves & Sons

(3) Cutting of hedge to Playing Field – £15 per cut – John Graves & Sons

 
7291 Parish Lengthsman / Parish Contractor

The Clerk reported that he had not received any further communication from the Lancs CC Countryside Manager, regarding the possibility of a Parish Lengthsman scheme. He also reported that he had received two enquiries about the possibility of appointing a Parish Contractor and both persons had said that they would give it further thought.

It was decided that both possibilities should also be left in abeyance.

 
7292 Accounts for Payment

Cheques for the following accounts were signed:

Lancaster City Council (AONB donation) £800.00 (908)

HLB AV Audit plc (audit fee) £141.00 (909)

British Gas Trading Ltd (electricity for clock) £ 3.19 (910)

 
7293 Items for Information

(a) The Chairman reminded members that the Annual Parish Meeting will be held in the Green Room of the Gaskell Hall on Monday 24th March, at 7.30pm. It was agreed that the Chairman will invite Canon Paul Warren to address the meeting, with a suggested theme of “The Role of the Church in the Community”.

(b) Councillor Graves advised that the 10ft swing frame, now reduced to approximately 8ft in height, will be re-installed on the Children’s Playground area during the next few days. The Clerk was asked to confirm the legal specification(s) for the seat heights.

 
7294 Date of Next Meeting – Monday April 7th 2003

Other Minutes: | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 | 2005 | 2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 |