2012/03/05 Playground

5th March 2012
112 Un-confirmed Minutes of an Ordinary Meeting of the Silverdale Children’s Playground Charity Trustees held in the Silverdale Institute on Monday, 5th March 2012.

113 Present:  Chairman  –  Councillor T.G. (Terry) Bond, Councillors S.L. (Shirley) Mason, K. (Keith) Palmer, N. (Nigel) Ribbons, P.N. (Paul) Williams and A. (Angela) Woods, the Clerk  –  L.D. (Denise) Challenor, the Deputy Clerk  –  S.D. (Sue) Hayward and one member of the public.

114 Apologies for Absence: Councillors H.M.E. (Harriet) Bradfield and A.J. (Tony) Houghton.

115 Minutes of Previous Meeting
 The Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Playground Charity Trustees held on Monday, 6th February 2012 were approved then signed by the Chairman.

116 Receipt of Information about Matters Arising from the Minutes of Previous Meetings, not Covered by the Agenda

117 Receipt of Declarations of Trustees’ Interests Relating to any Items Appearing on the Agenda

118 Matters Raised by Members of the Public for Future Consideration
 The member of the public reported that:
 1.  the area from which the bench was removed has been turfed but that the turf has been laid directly onto concrete;
 2.  the mesh fence that protects the beech hedge near their property had been in need of stapling down, the residents have, however, mended this themselves;
 3.  Lancaster City Council (Lancaster CC) were on site today carrying out repairs to the slide complex.

119 Slide Complex
 It was noted that the Clerk had authorised Lancaster CC to repair the towers to the slide complex at a cost of £114 + VAT.

120 Outstanding Repairs
 It was noted that Lancaster CC had submitted another inspection report (dated 17th February (received 1st March)).  RESOLVED that Councillor Ribbons visit the playground to ascertain which of the repairs listed in the report are necessary.
 The Clerk reported that Mr Michael Knight has advised that:
 1.  he has repaired the gate but that it is still not closing properly.  RESOLVED that Councillor Ribbons inspect the gate;
 2.  the benches can only be made secure by using angle brackets concreted in; RESOLVED to authorise Mr Knight to do this.
 Councillor Ribbons advised that:
 1.  he has passed the grant application form, for the underlay and bark to the aerial slide, to the Clerk to complete;
 2.  the shrinkage around the rubber matting should be rectified by repositioning the wood so that it abuts the rubber then holding it in place with some concrete covered with soil;
 3.  he considers that the damaged stopper spring to the zip wire is still effective, but, as Lancaster CC have again listed the spring as “damaged and not fit for purpose”, asked if another Member would inspect it and give their opinion;
 4.  he will check the broken clip to the elephant ‘mobile’, which may be a trip hazard, and report back to the Clerk.

 RESOLVED that the Chairman inspect the boundary fence (referred to in 118 above) to ascertain its condition and whether or not any works are necessary.

121 Expenditure
 RESOLVED to authorise the expenditure of £114 + VAT to repair the slide complex from the playground account.

122 Date of Next Meeting
 It was noted that the date of the next meeting is Thursday, 7th June 2012.
 Sue D. Hayward, Deputy Clerk to the Trustees